Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Motivational Quotes

As some of you have noticed some motivational quotes have been added to my blog. I believe I have been growing on this journey and have been adding motivational quotes to my blog for everyone to read, in hopes that they may encourage others who are or will be working to achieve similar goals. If you have any quotes I would be happy to look them over or post them if they will flow with my train of thought.

What I think my journey will teach me is found in 3 quotes on my blog:

The value of achievement lies in the achieving **** Albert Einstein **** meaning if I can push thru this I will look back at this as a great bonding experience with my trainer and my increasingly beautiful wife. Pushing thru this will make me a better person just for completing this task. Not that the weight loss will hurt either.

The second quote is winners have simply formed the habit of doing things losers don’t like to do. **** Albert Gray **** in this quote I focus in the tasks that seem monotonies or unbearable. This is helping me in the life changing journey Crystal and I have decided to undertake.

Overnight success is a fallacy. It is preceded by a great deal of preparation. **** Mark Twain **** Mark Twain is one of my favorite authors. While looking over his work I have found this quote teaching me immense patients with working on my goals. It has taken me 7-10 years to put on this weight and it’s not going to come off over night but Chad’s preparing me for being slim. Crystal is helping me with my focus as well with all the cheese she eats; she helps me work on temptation.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are doing this Marc! I know you and Crystal will succeed!
    Avi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are a few more good quotes:

    Discipline is remembering what you want

    If you do the do's, the don'ts don't matter

    The longer the anticipation, the greater the appreciation

    The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach

    We are what we repeadedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit

    For every day you DON'T work out, somebody, somewhere is. When the day comes that you meet that person one on one, they WILL beat you

    My favorite:

    Eighty percent of success is showing up! (Woody Allen)

    If you have to ask why; you'll never understand! (Coach Greg's favorite!)

    ReplyDelete