Thursday, February 12, 2009

Calgary Police Half-Marathon and 5km

Well I'm getting crap for using this blog from an unnamed trainer, who is to remain unnamed for using this blog to talk about my company. I guess he just wants to be the center of attention in my blog j/k. On a good note I noticed a few weeks ago Chad had some posting for races. I decided to sing up for the Calgary Police Half-Marathon and 5km. Now its time to get myself in shape to finish properly, not just finish but finish with a good time! The last two weeks Chad has had me working on fat burn blaaaaaaaaaaah! One thing i have to say about this fat burn is, its really helping me with my endurance and heart rate. I'm thinking this is going to be a good start but I'm going to shoot for a half marathon, but i would like to find one on a Saturday near or in Calgary. If its on a Saturday i believe i can get Crystal to join me, so if anyone finds one let me know!!! If anyone is interested in joining me on this run check out the website http://www.calgarypolicehalf.ca/register.htm.

Today Chad me working out on fat burn and intervals. What that means is 2 min each at level 9 and speed of 7 , 8 , and 9 on the elliptical trainer then 2 different core exercises for 2 minutes after each level. The next level was 2 min at level 11 at speeds 7,8,and 9, and then 2 different core exercises for 2 minutes after each level again. Finally the last time was 2 min each at level 13 and speed of 7 , 8 , and 9 on the elliptical trainer then 1 different core exercise and legs for 2 minutes after each level. We did the same thing last Tuesday at a level lower and i was yelling and moaning and barely worked thru it. When we kicked it up a notch today my body handled it just fine, don't get me wrong I'm sore but not half as sore as i was last week. maybe ill get Chad to kick it up an extra notch next week!

Maybe ill be in shape for that run a little sooner if i can keep adapt this quick!

2 comments:

  1. Hey man!

    check out www.calgaryroadrunners.com That is where all, or most, race postings are for Western Canada and area. Just click on the schedule link on the left and take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean and I have been doing the Mother's Day run and walk:
    http://www.mdrunandwalk.com/default.aspx?city=calgary
    It's on a Sunday though - May 10, but it's always fun!
    Keep up the great work!
    Avi

    ReplyDelete