Sunday, April 5, 2009

445 lb Squat!



Well ladies and gentlemen that's 4 plates, i know its not a great picture but its the best my photographer gave me. This is 405 lb i understand, but i did do 445lb today unfortunately that's not the picture i got. I was pretty happy and have decided that next year, after lots of training this year, and working on the technicalities of all 3 lifts, and pushing myself like mad I might consider trying a competition. On the same note i pushed up my goals on the right hand side to substantial goals for June and July! If i keep pushing things to the max maybe ill even get a participation ribbon next year!

On another note I have to learn to use my belt properly. I was squatting today till i got to about 3 1/2 plates then i put on my belt, i know i can do 3 1/2 plates but for some reason i went down and when i went to push back up i found the belt seemed to be stopping me from coming up. Now from what i understand the belt is suppose to help you keep tight and help you come up better. I don't know.................. but i have a feeling I'm using it wrong. I'm looking forward to learning to do it properly.

Take it easy and push like a mad man!

1 comment: